|A brief message from our CEO:|
- PerStat has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- PerStat has been a member of the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) since 1998, and complies with their guidelines--we are the only Perfusion company inthe Houston region to be members of the AABB.
- PerStat is a contributing member of the Society of Advancement for Blood Management.
- PerStat is the only Perfusion/Autotransfusion Provider to attain and maintain a CLIA certificate. This assures that PerStat personnel provide the same level of proficiency in processing of point-of-care tesing as your hospital laboratory.
- PerStat meets and exceeds the inspection standards of Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Service (JCAHO).
- PerStat personnel undergo annual written and clinical Competency Testing.
- PerStat perfusionists annually take the written American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Certification examination to maintain the highest level of clinical competency. While this is not a national or state requirement, PerStat perfusionists accomplish these tests voluntarily to challenge their individual proficiency.
- PerStat personnel are highly trained:
- Autotransfusionists attend a 60 day didactic and clinical qualification course. We are the only company, nationwide, to conduct such a course.
- All PerStat Autotransfusionists are certified as Perioperative Blood Management Technicians (PBMT).
- PerStat maintains the highest level of continuing medical education.
- Receive yearly re-training in HIPAA, HiTECH, ARRA, Fire and Electrical Safety, Patient Safety, Hazardous Materials handling and disposal, Bloodborne Pathogens and Universal Precautions for Infection Control, Aseptic Techniques, Compliance and Ethics, Introduction to the Operating Room, and CPR Certification (every two years).
- Each employee carries $1 million/$5 million malpractice insurance.
- Each employee meets the requirements of Texas law, Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 603, to perform Perfusion and Autotransfusion procedures.
- Perfusionists are certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion and licenses by the state of Texas.
- All PeStat personnel can respond within 20-30 minutes 24/7/365.
- Hospital Training:
- PerStat personnel can attend hospital training and PerStat expense.
- PerStat, on request, can provide supplies related to perfusion needs in open heart surgery, and also autrotransfusion supplies for Cardiac, Vascular, Orthopedic, and any other surgical needs.
- There has never been a delay of procedure due to unavailability of supplies maintained by PerStat Medical.
- Disaster Management:
- PerStat maintains a local Perfusion/Autotransfusion team during disasters, to assist the hospital in operations and re-establishment of procedures following natural or man-caused disasters.
PerStat Medical Systems can help your hospital accomplish all of your blood management goals!
James M. Parrish, PhD, CCP
Platelet Gel Brochure
PerStat Information Sheet